Corporate Camper

Cutting commuting by camping near the office; saving cash, saving time and polluting less.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Getting Ready

I'll be camping tonight for the fifth time since I started this experiment, this will take me up to 800 miles of commuting avoided and around 80 litres of diesel that I haven't had to pump into the car (am going to miss the Tesco Clubcard points though!).

The weather is really very nice at the moment, I hope it lasts but I have proved to myself that I'm not just a fair-weather camper and I'm willing to put up with a bit of cold and damp!

There are still a few bits of equipment I need to buy; I don't have a sleeping mat or airbed or anything like that, I'm not bothered about the comfort too much but the ground saps heat and you tend to get a bit of condensation overnight. As I'm all about being on a budget for this experiment I won't be buying more equipment but I'll recycle something else... I think a nice bit of carpet off-cut will do nicely!

Planning on putting the tent up at about 6pm tonight, I'll have laptop and GPRS connection so maybe I'll post a progress report here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home