Corporate Camper

Cutting commuting by camping near the office; saving cash, saving time and polluting less.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Chillin'

Tent is up, so much easier when it's not pouring down with rain! It's a very pleasant evening actually, looks like there is going to be a nice sunset soon and then I think I might see if I can get an early night and an early start.

I cooked dinner on the Trangia as usual, did a pretty mean Chilli but I'm not good at judging portions, I made way too much really but I stuck at it and managed to eat all of it. A bit stuffed now though!

For the first time ever I'm not the only tent on the site, a van pulled up a while ago and a couple have pitched their tent about 50' away.. not a problem of course but I do worry about snoring, mine specifically as I'm told it's very, very loud. Not much I can do about it though...

Sat in the sunshine earlier with a decent cup of coffee and watched the world go by, very relaxing.

One thing I hope for with this lark is to become a little less materialistic, I'm not too bad but I guess I take a lot of stuff for granted. I'm hoping that by going back to basics, even for short spells, I can remind myself of what is important. One route to all this is to watch the pennies, I am trying to spend as little as possible and it makes planning meals something that takes a bit of thought rather than a call to Dominoes! All in all I'm still feeling good about this!

800 miles saved now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home