Corporate Camper

Cutting commuting by camping near the office; saving cash, saving time and polluting less.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

A discovery

As this whole thing is partly about saving money I have been very economical when it comes to purchasing all the camping gear I'm using. The single most expensive item was the tent, but I shopped around for a long time and I got the model I wanted for £24.99 which is a bargain (it's £60 in some shops).

One of the things I didn't buy was a camping mat (roll mat) or anything of a similar ilk to sleep on, this was an oversight really but I've been getting on fine without one by using a couple of fleece blankets. If I can manage without something then it's not necessary, even something cheap like a roll mat!

The down side to not sleeping on anything is that the ground is cold and it can sap heat, even through sleeping bags, it also causes a bit of condensation overnight and stuff gets damp.

Ages ago we used to have an airbed, but it was a cheap one and it didn't get much use... I *thought* it had been thrown away a long time back but I just found it!

Now, camping with an airbed isn't really "back to basics" but it's something I already have and it's going to make things more comfortable...result!

It's a good job that space isn't an issue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home