Corporate Camper

Cutting commuting by camping near the office; saving cash, saving time and polluting less.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

I made it!

Well, I made it through the night OK but I can't say that it was the most restful night I've ever had. The wind was pretty strong, weather forecast said it would be gusting to gale-force, certainly felt (and sounded) like it. The rain came later on and was very heavy in it's own right, coupled with the wind it was a bit like being inside a power shower...

The good news (for me) is that the tent stayed intact and watertight, I'm really pleased with this because I could have spent much, much more money on it and it's looking like I didn't make a bad choice.

Sleeping on the airbed was rubbish, I think it's leaking around the valve cap... it goes down pretty quickly. There was one very brief moment as the air was escaping that it was really comfortable, like floating in the sea, all the other times it wasn't worth the effort... I won't take it again.

More good news is that I have now saved a total of 960 commuting miles, not too shabby eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home