Corporate Camper

Cutting commuting by camping near the office; saving cash, saving time and polluting less.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Watching the sky

You know, I thought summer would be here by now.

I've got all my gear in the car and the plan is to stay over tonight, it's very wet at the moment but I think it's due to clear up a little later on. I think I'll probably stay here anyway regardless of the weather, good weather is better but even in bad weather it's still better than driving all the way home just to turn back again a few hours later.

One of the few downsides to this camping lark is trying to get the tent dry between outings. I have been hanging it in the garden and that's worked OK but the weather isn't great and on Saturday morning I was afraid the high winds would damage it. I think the answer is to rig something up in the garage so that it can hang in there.

After the disaster of my last attempt at using an airbed my lovely wife went out and bought me a new one! It's a Eurohike double and I'm hoping the air stays in this time!

Updates later.

2 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, you're an inspriation.
On you're advice I'm going to buy a disposable tent and give this camping action a try.

It's shame to see no more updates since may - hope that you're sticking with it.

W

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Yeah, give it a go! Wouldn't bother with a disposable tent, get a cheap one like mine (Royal Phoenix 3 Plus) it only cost £25 and I can use it for years.

As for the updates, there have been plenty since May, last one (as I type this) is June 13th.

I'm sticking with it! I've saved 1600 miles and about £160 so far, not to mention all the time I have saved!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home