Corporate Camper

Cutting commuting by camping near the office; saving cash, saving time and polluting less.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Back home

I'm back now from a busy couple of days (and nights!) working. First night in the tent and the second night in the posh hotel.

I could easily have done without the hotel; I got there are 6.30pm and then left to go out on the town at around 6.45pm, got back at 00.30am and was up again at 7am. It's just not worth shelling out a load of cash to sleep in a bed for a few hours, sleep is sleep... I don't sleep better in a more expensive bed.

Another thing about the hotel is that the carpark was full, almost every single car was a mid to high end company car (mine included!), I've stayed at this hotel many, many times but it's just not me anymore. All this getting back to basics (occasionally) is making me much less materialistic, that can only be a good thing I guess!

Over dinner I mentioned to a couple of my co-workers that I've been camping out near the office to save the fuel and traveling time... I think they find it a bit odd but I'm sure some of them saw my point when I explained how many miles I have saved (1760 so far!) and how many hours I have spent sat on the M42 twice a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home