Corporate Camper

Cutting commuting by camping near the office; saving cash, saving time and polluting less.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Compare and Contrast

I won't be going home for a couple of nights because of work commitments, I'll be staying in two locations...

Tonight I'll be pitching the tent at my usual location in Staffordshire and I'll take it easy while listening to the football (I'm not really a fan but I'll make the effort for the World Cup!) I'll have a couple of beers and an early night, ready to hit the road first thing. Tomorrow night I'll be staying at a 4 Star hotel in the middle of a Cheshire Golf Course and then entertaining the big-wigs at a Thai restaurant in the evening.

So, two different types of accommodation but which is best?

I suppose it's not fair to compare the two really... There isn't much that the hotel really offers that I can't get at the campsite; I have a bed, I have a shower and I can make a cup of coffee whenever I like. I think the only advantage the hotel has is that there is an iron in the room so I can iron my shirt in the morning!

If *I* was paying (and I do pay for the campsite!) I would rather spend £7 than £90+, that's for sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home