Corporate Camper

Cutting commuting by camping near the office; saving cash, saving time and polluting less.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The future

I'm all packed and ready for another night in the tent, it hasn't rained much today (if at all) so based on previous experience I can expect a massive storm to be heading my way as I type.

I'm actually not phased by a bit of bad weather because I know that I can keep myself warm and dry all night, it's more of an inconvenience rather than anything to worry about.

I think I can easily carry on camping a couple of times each week throughout the summer and probably the Autumn too, I think the winter would be alright but I would need to invest in some better gear. My sleeping bag would need to be changed and I think I would go for a smaller, quicker pitching tent... probably a pop-up tent like this.

If I had some spare cash I would probably think about getting myself some sort of camper van to see me through the cold spell, I could even make do with a normal van and add equipment to it to make it more homely, I'll have a think about it and see what the finances look like after the summer holiday.

That was all shockingly long-term wasn't it?

2 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Jim said...

I am reliably assured that insurance is unbelievably high on campers. Also, you'd have to pay a fortune for anything half decent. When you get your Honda people-thinger you'll be able to put down the back seats and get a mattress in there. Much better bet...

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Steve said...

And then there is the problem of where to park it...

The Honda isn't very big really, but you can fold the rear seats and the front middle seat down so I might be OK!

Maybe I'll try and camp year-round, I've camped below 0 degrees in the past...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home