Corporate Camper

Cutting commuting by camping near the office; saving cash, saving time and polluting less.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Good Morning

I think that was actually one of the better nights sleep I've had in the tent so far, I feel pretty good this morning.

I think the key was a better bed; up until last night I have only had a couple of cheap fleece blankets, apart from the time I tried the old airbed and that let me down (literally) in the night. Last night I used the old airbed (deflated) as a bit of primary insulation, then the new airbed (which stayed up all night!) and then the two fleece blankets between my sleeping bag and the airbed. All told, it was pretty comfortable and much warmer than on previous occasions... I think I might be getting the hang of this!

So, as I said, a comfortable nights sleep but I did get awoken on a few occasions by the local wildlife. A couple of times during the night something was creeping around the back of the tent, I couldn't work out what it was exactly but my adrenaline fuelled state of "super alertness" helped me figure out that it was a smallish animal, rather than the larger axe-wielding variety I have been training myself to look out for.

Later (shortly before sunrise) a duck quacked right next to my head. I have no shame in telling you that I very nearly soiled my sleeping bag.

Anyway, I got up around 5.45am and had coffee and breakfast, packed all the gear and the (wet) tent into the car, showered and headed to work (in a rather fetching new pair of pin-stripe trousers), I was in the office by 7.45am. I could have chosen to be productive but I thought I'd write this instead.

I wonder what the other people in the office would say if I told them where I sleep at night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home