Corporate Camper

Cutting commuting by camping near the office; saving cash, saving time and polluting less.

Monday, May 22, 2006

On rain and food

Earlier on today, for a very brief moment, the sun came out. I can tell you that there is absolutely no sign of blue sky at the moment. The weather is a mixture of plain damp and torrential rain. I have debated (with myself) the merits of staying Vs going home and I think I'll give it a go...

Is Lichfield officially the wettest place in the UK? I think someone should look into it.

Another aspect of the whole money saving thing is the forward preparation of meals to take camping, this weekend I bought a very large pot to facilitate this and I'm quite excited by it! Yesterday I cooked a massive chilli (using 1kg of minced beef!) and transferred it to meal sized bags in the freezer, it did *loads*. This morning I took a frozen bag of chilli from the freezer and transferred it to a cool-bag in the car, I'll cook some rice on the Trangia later and then chuck it in. Fingers crossed!

Future large scale cooking plans involve: Vegetable soup, Pasta sauces and curries. If you can think of anything else that is cheap to produce in bulk, use the comments below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home