Corporate Camper

Cutting commuting by camping near the office; saving cash, saving time and polluting less.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The 12th Night

Night 12 under canvas (well, polyester) has been completed and the grand total of miles saved is 1,920 at the moment. Probably more important than that is the fact that I have salvaged at least 36 hours of my life that would otherwise have been spent on the motorway.

I really didn't feel like staying here last night, I didn't feel very well yesterday and the last thing I wanted to be doing was pitching a tent and all that malarkey... I decided to stay anyway because I had a meeting here this morning that needed some preparation, I knew if I went home an early start would be almost impossible.

So, last night I took it easy. I watched "The hills have eyes" on the laptop and then went to bed. Watching horror films in the dark (even pretty rubbish ones like this) and then sleeping alone in the middle of nowhere amongst unidentified wildlife is an experience, I'll call it "extreme sleeping"!

This morning was beautiful (and I felt much better too, thanks) the sun was shining and I was packed up before 7am. I took a shower and was about to head off to work when I realised I'd made something of a schoolboy error... I had folded the tent up and packed it away without emptying the internal pockets. I had left my wallet inside and I can't get in the office without it, nothing for it but to unpack it and crawl inside to have a look. I found it, eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home