Corporate Camper

Cutting commuting by camping near the office; saving cash, saving time and polluting less.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

New site


You had the whole field
Originally uploaded by Saturner.
Last night, for the first time since I started camping, I stayed at a different campsite. I was working in Crewe (and I still am) so I stayed at a place near Winsford, I was quite impressed with the place even though it was further from the office than I would have liked (better than being 140 miles away though).

When I arrived I was shown to the camping field (as opposed to the "touring caravan field") and I had the whole massive field to myself, I set the tent up and did a bit of cooking... then my neighbours arrived.

I couldn't believe that with a massive field in which to pitch the chap decided to put his tent a few metres from mine. I'm not anti-social, but I was looking forward to a bit of solitude and there just didn't seem to be a need to do it. If he was there first I would have headed for the far corner.

It's not like they (couple, mid twenties) were any trouble, but I found it difficult to relax with them so close. I'm told that I snore line a Rottweiler being waxed, so this was playing on my mind and I was trying not to (like this ever works). I wonder if they regretted being so close!

It was my birthday over the weekend, my parents got me one of those wind-up radios (at my request), it's an excellent gadget! I like to have the radio quietly when I pitch the tent but I worry about the car battery going flat after being caught out last time, it was great to be able to listen to the radio while cooking and eating too.

I also remembered to take a book with me, I read a couple of chapters but I wasn't really in a reading mood. I did forget to take a pillow (not bothered about that) and a towel (more of a problem)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home