Corporate Camper

Cutting commuting by camping near the office; saving cash, saving time and polluting less.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Cheshire Life


Image033
Originally uploaded by Saturner.
I stayed at another new site last night, again in Cheshire, this time in the village of Wrenbury which was really quite pretty.

The site was behind a pub, it was quite a large site and was surprisingly busy. I think there must have been some sort of Caravan Club rally on there, there were probably around 30 caravans on site and 3 tents (including mine). One of the tents was massive but as far as I can tell there was nobody in it, I didn't see any signs of life from it the whole time I was there.

I pitched my tent and unpacked the car a little bit, this time I took a folding camping table that we had at home and I did the cooking on there while sitting under the tailgate of the car. It was much more comfortable than being on the grass or in the tent, this is the way I want things to be when I get some sort of "rear annexe" to go behind the car.

So, after cooking some sausages and pasta with tinned tomato (can you tell I just grabbed stuff out of the freezer and cupboards as I left the house?) I packed all the stuff away and stored it in the porch of the tent. I grabbed a pillow and watched the end of Raging Bull on the in DVD player in the car (flash, I know), after that I decided I'd have a crack at sleeping in the car... it must have been OK because the next thing I knew it was 6.30am and time to get up. I pitched the tent but didn't use it, I wouldn't feel right being on a campsite and not pitching one though!

The site cost £6 which is pretty good, although the shower isn't available until 9.30am (and costs £1) and the toilets are pretty grim. It's not far from the office in Crewe (about 10 miles) so I think there is a good chance I'll be back at some point.

So far, miles saved stand at 2324.

There will probably be a break to this camping lark for a few weeks now as I'm off on holiday at the end of next week (not in a tent!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home